Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Spring cleaning..


What I did couple of days back? Clean up.. Major clean up..
Keyboards, tend to get dusty and oily after some time. Imagine those millions of fingers dashing and hitting away on the keys, not by a user, for my case, many many users..
Anyway, here goes..

My M-Audio Keystation 61-es.

See that keyboard beside Me & Moy? That's the one. Well, it's a great midi controller. Go view it at www.m-audio.com . You'll find many fascinating stuff there too. "Keystation" is now, newly branded as 'Key Rig' if I'm not mistaken.

What I did, was I opened up the unit. Unscrewing at least 20 screws. I guess they need that thing to hold in the plastic enclosure, no matter how hard we play on it. Well, after the long work of unscrewing everything, being very careful ....... you take the cover out . :P






Look under the rows of keys, and you'll find anything there. From dust, nail-bits, hair and so much more. It's not a pleasant scene, I had to vacuum them straightaway.


Doing this, I was being extremely careful. Not to damage the IC board and components in there. But all in all, the keys build and action in there, was kinda awesome. haha.. Well, that what I thought of it anyway. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment